Weak Job Growth Darkens Outlook For Savers
One other oddity about the recent report was that it reported no material impact from Hurricane Sandy. Given the number of businesses that have been closed by the storm's damage, this may seem difficult to believe. However, the muted impact might be explained by the fact that people who miss some time, but not the entire pay period, due to workplace disruptions are still considered employed. It will be interesting to view the regional and state employment figures, due to be released December 21, for more insights on how the storm may have impacted employment.
For now, November's employment numbers may not look bad on the surface, but they suggest a loss of the momentum the economy had appeared to be gathering. This suddenly makes the economic outlook for 2013 a little less encouraging.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV