- as noted above, discussed and consulted WFN directly since January 2009;
- provided funding to WFN pursuant to its Consultation & Accommodation Protocol for environmental reviews, legal assistance, financial analyses, a traditional use study, travel, per diems and honorariums;
- worked with an independent environmental consultant selected by WFN and funded by Rubicon who completed an environmental review of the entire Phoenix Gold Project;
- in addition to addressing impacts related to Aboriginal and Treaty rights, Rubicon has agreed to implement every recommended impact mitigation measure suggested by WFN through its environmental consultant and has incorporated these commitments in the Closure Plan. These commitments include, but are not limited to, hiring an Environmental Monitor, funding a Project Committee to facilitate ongoing consultation and funding independent reviews of future permit applications; and
- has been involved in good faith negotiations with WFN in an attempt to reach an economic accommodation under the terms of a benefits agreement. While the content of these discussions remain confidential, Rubicon is intent in continuing these negotiation with WFN.
Rubicon Remains Committed To Further Discussions With Wabauskang First Nation
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.