KBR (NYSE: KBR) today announced that it was awarded a contract by Kentucky Utilities, a subsidiary of PPL Corporation, to provide engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) services for the installation of air emissions control systems at its Ghent Generating Stations in Ghent, KY.
The project is part of Kentucky Utilities’ investment plan to install environmental upgrades to reduce air emissions across its generating fleet, including an approximate $600 million investment for the addition of air emissions controls at its Ghent plant. KBR will lead the installation of Particulate Matter Control Systems on all four units under an EPC contract valued at approximately 80% of Kentucky Utilities’ investment at the Ghent plant. Each system includes a pulse-jet fabric filter to capture particulate matter, a Powdered Activated Carbon injection system to capture mercury and a lime injection system to protect the pulse-jet fabric filter from the corrosive effects of sulfuric acid mist.
“KBR is pleased to be selected by Kentucky Utilities to be part of its essential effort to reduce air emissions,” said Jim Stewart, President, KBR Power & Industrial. “KBR is committed to delivering safe and quality projects to our clients and we welcome this opportunity to deliver this important project for Kentucky Utilities and its Ghent Facility.”
KBR is a global engineering, construction and services company supporting the energy, hydrocarbon, government services, minerals, civil infrastructure, power, industrial, and commercial markets. For more information, visit www.kbr.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV