LAKE OSWEGO, Ore., Dec. 17, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Galena Biopharma (Nasdaq:GALE) announced today that it intends to offer shares of its common stock and warrants to purchase shares of its common stock in an underwritten public offering. The offering is subject to market and other conditions, and there can be no assurance as to whether or when the offering may be completed, or as to the actual size or terms of the offering.
Piper Jaffray & Co. is acting as the sole book-running manager for the offering.
Galena intends to use the net proceeds from the offering to conduct its ongoing Phase 3 clinical trial for NeuVax™, its Phase 1/2 clinical trial for Folate Binding Protein-E39 (FBP), the planned Phase 2 clinical trial for NeuVax™ in combination with trastuzumab (Herceptin®), as well as for general corporate purposes.The securities described above are being offered by Galena pursuant to a shelf registration statement previously filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) which the SEC declared effective on May 28, 2010. A preliminary prospectus supplement related to the offering will be filed with the SEC and will be available on the SEC's websiste located at www.sec.gov. Copies of the preliminary prospectus supplement and the accompanying prospectus relating to this offering may be obtained by contacting Piper Jaffray & Co., Attention: Prospectus Department, 800 Nicolett Mall, Suite 800, Minneapolis, MN 55402, or by telephone at (800) 747-3924, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any securities described herein, nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any state or other jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such state or other jurisdiction.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV