The Bancorp, Inc. (“Bancorp” or the “Company”) (NASDAQ: TBBK) announced today that it has commenced a public offering for $50 million of its common stock. The shares will be issued pursuant to a prospectus supplement filed as part of an existing shelf registration statement filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) on Form S-3 (File No. 333-185226). The Company expects to use the net proceeds from this offering for general corporate purposes, including the support of its ongoing and future anticipated growth.
Sandler O’Neill + Partners, L.P. is acting as the book-running manager and Sterne, Agee & Leach, Inc. is acting as co-manager for the offering. The underwriters will have a 30-day option to purchase up to an additional 15% of the offered amount of common stock from Bancorp to cover over-allotments, if any.
Bancorp has filed a registration statement (including a prospectus) with the SEC for the offering to which this communication relates. Prospective investors should read the prospectus in that registration statement, the preliminary prospectus supplement and other documents that the Company has filed with the SEC for more complete information about the Company and the offering. Investors may obtain these documents without charge by visiting EDGAR on the SEC website at www.sec.gov. Alternatively, copies of the preliminary prospectus supplement and the prospectus relating to the offering may be obtained from Sandler O’Neill + Partners, 1251 Avenue of The Americas, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10020, (866) 805-4128.
This news release does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy the securities described herein, nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any state or jurisdiction in which such an offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such jurisdiction.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV