INDIANAPOLIS, Dec. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Simon Property Group, Inc. (NYSE:SPG) announced today that its majority-owned operating partnership subsidiary, Simon Property Group, L.P. (the "Operating Partnership"), has closed the two debt offerings announced last week:
- Public offering of $500 million principal amount of 2.75% senior unsecured notes due February 1, 2023 and
- Private offering of $750 million principal amount of 1.50% senior unsecured notes due February 1, 2018 to "qualified institutional buyers" pursuant to Rule 144A under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the "Securities Act"), and to non-U.S. persons outside the United States in reliance on Regulation S under the Securities Act.
"We are very pleased with the market's positive response to these offerings," said David Simon, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "The order books had over $4 billion of demand, and the coupons for these bonds represent the lowest rates ever achieved for 10 year and 5 year bonds issued by a real estate investment trust."
About Simon Property Group
Simon Property Group, Inc. (NYSE:SPG) is an S&P 100 company and the largest real estate company in the world. The Company currently owns or has an interest in 331 retail real estate properties in North America and Asia comprising 241 million square feet. We are headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana and employ approximately 5,500 people in the U.S. For more information, visit the Simon Property Group website at www.simon.com.SOURCE Simon Property Group, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV