Stanley Black & Decker (NYSE: SWK), an S&P 500 global diversified industrial company, announced today that it has completed the previously announced sale of its Hardware & Home Improvement Group (“HHI”) to Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: SPB) (“Spectrum Brands”) for $1.4 billion in cash.
As previously disclosed, this tax-efficient transaction is expected to generate after-tax cash proceeds of $1.3 billion. Over fifty percent of the proceeds will be used to repurchase shares and a smaller portion will go towards modest debt reduction. The company will reinvest the remaining proceeds, together with existing offshore capital, to fund the previously announced Infastech acquisition, which is expected to close in the next 45 days. Also as previously communicated, the company expects modest earnings per share (“EPS”) dilution of $0.10 - $0.20 in 2013 which represents the net result of the sale of HHI partially offset by the favorable impact of the share repurchases and accretion from Infastech. Stanley Black & Decker plans to disclose exact details of the estimated financial effects of these transactions on 2013 results when it announces its fourth quarter and full-year 2012 results and provides 2013 guidance in late January.
The company’s 2012 full-year financial results will be adjusted to exclude the results of HHI, representing approximately $0.65 of EPS. Other than the exclusion of HHI, the company’s previously provided 2012 guidance for continuing operations (excluding Merger & Acquisition (“M&A”) charges) remains unchanged and hence is $4.60, implying a fourth quarter 2012 EPS of $1.28. The company is also reiterating 2012 free cash flow guidance of $1.2 billion, excluding M&A charges.
The company plans to furnish an 8-K filing in early January to provide recasted results on a quarterly basis for 2011 and the first, second and third quarters of 2012 to exclude the results of HHI.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV