MINNEAPOLIS, Dec. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Throughout the month of January, Minneapolis is home to some of the Midwest's best food and wine festivals. Guests looking to tempt their palates with bold new flavors and full-bodied beverages can look to Minneapolis Marriott Southwest for convenient accommodations near all these flavorful events.
Conveniently located near all major highways, this Minneapolis lodging destination is easily accessible from downtown, St. Paul and all major suburbs, including Minnetonka, Mankato and Albert Lea.
The festivals begin Jan. 11 and include:
- Minnesota Organic Conference & Trade Show, Jan. 11 and 12 in St. Cloud
- Taste of Elegance, an annual culinary pork competition featuring chefs from across the state, Jan. 15 in Minneapolis
- Minnesota Pork Congress, the state's only swine-specific tradeshow, Jan. 16 and 17 in Minneapolis
- Mankato Craft Beer Expo, showcasing the best offerings of more than 40 craft breweries from Minnesota and the rest of the U.S., taking place Jan 19 in Mankato
- Minnesota Beer Wholesalers Association Annual Conference, Jan. 24 and 25 in St. Paul
- 13 th Annual Gourmet Cook's Auction, Jan. 25 in Albert Lea
- The Beer Dabbler Winter Carnival, the largest outdoor winter beer fest in Minnesota, Jan. 26 in St. Paul