NEW YORK, Dec. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- BB&T Corp. (NYSE: BBT $28) has been picked by S&P Capital IQ as its Focus Stock of the Week. BBT carries S&P Capital IQ's highest investment recommendation of 5-STARS, or Strong Buy.
"Due to key acquisitions made in 2009 and 2011, we believe 2013 will be a better year for BBT than for most of its regional bank peers," said Erik Oja, equity analyst at S&P Capital IQ. "We think BBT's loans, net revenues, and especially profits, will grow faster in 2013 than those at peers. We also think the risk factors facing BBT, such as the low interest rate climate, are manageable."
To view a video of Mr. Oja discussing BBT click on the following link.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV