Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
Cramer said that while investors have lots of worries on their minds, they're probably not worrying about what really matters.Case in point, the fiscal cliff. Cramer said the markets have swung from unbridled optimism to the sad realization that a deal won't be reached by year's end. Both sides continue to dig in their heels, said Cramer, which means we'll need to fall over the cliff so everyone can then unite on a package of tax cuts by the Super Bowl. In the meantime, be prepared for a 4% to 5% market dip. Then there are those worried about the Federal Reserve causing rampant inflation. Cramer said that view assumes the Fed's actions will actually work and stimulate growth and, more important, jobs. Let's hope it works, said Cramer, and worry about the consequences later. Retail is another worry on investors' minds. The effects of Hurricane Sandy, warm weather and the fiscal uncertainty are taking their toll, said Cramer, but that still leaves housing-related stocks and even the banks as good buys on weakness. Still others are worried about international issues, said Cramer. In reality, Europe's debt markets have been a terrific place to invest this year. Europe is stabilizing, he noted, and China is on the mend, making investments there a good idea. Finally, there's Apple (AAPL), a stock Cramer owns for his charitable trust,
What the Heck?In his "What the Heck?" segment, Cramer turned the spotlight on Gannett (GCI), publisher of USA TODAY, along with 81 other daily publications and over 500 magazines. Despite repeated assertions that print media is a dying industry, shares of Gannett are up 35% so far this year, trading just off their 52-week highs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV