- AS&E was selected by Abu Dhabi Customs as the security systems integrator to secure the new megaport of Khalifa, Abu Dhabi.
- AS&E will work with key subcontractors, the ORTEC ® Products Group of AMETEK Advanced Measurement Technology and Multi-Media Communications (MMC), to deliver an integrated detection solution.
BILLERICA, Mass., Dec. 17, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- American Science and Engineering, Inc. ("AS&E") (Nasdaq:ASEI), a leading worldwide supplier of innovative X-ray detection solutions, announced that Abu Dhabi Customs has selected AS&E as the security systems integrator to secure the new megaport of Khalifa, Abu Dhabi. Under the terms of the previously announced $24.6 million prime contract, AS&E will work with its key subcontractors, the ORTEC Products Group of AMETEK Advanced Measurement Technology and Multi-Media Communications (MMC), to deliver an integrated detection solution for multiple export and import cargo security lanes. The prime contract award was originally announced in a press release on December 12, 2012.
The detection solution will seamlessly integrate multiple technologies including AS&E's Sentry ™ Portal high throughput cargo and vehicle screening systems, ORTEC's Detective-SPM (Spectroscopic Portal Monitors) and MMC's highly optimized lane camera and video management system. The integrated solution will scan cargo for manifest verification and radiological and explosive threats for overall port security. AS&E will also provide service, installation, and training for all equipment. This award follows a previous award in June 2012 for AS&E's OmniView ™ Gantry and Z Portal ® systems for Khalifa Port's security. The port commenced commercial operations on September 1, 2012.
"AS&E has put together a world-class team to implement the integrated detection solution for cargo security for Abu Dhabi Customs at the new flagship Khalifa megaport," said Anthony R. Fabiano, President and CEO of AS&E. "With this second award for Khalifa Port, Abu Dhabi Customs has again demonstrated their steadfast commitment to use leading-edge technologies to improve the quality and efficiency of their port logistics and security processes. We are very proud to deliver this comprehensive solution to our esteemed customer."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV