1. As of noon trading, Verizon Communications ( VZ) is down $0.24 (-0.6%) to $43.96 on light volume Thus far, 4.2 million shares of Verizon Communications exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 13.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $43.86-$44.30 after having opened the day at $44.25 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $44.21. Verizon Communications Inc. provides communications, information, and entertainment products and services to consumers, businesses, and governmental agencies worldwide. Verizon Communications has a market cap of $127.1 billion and is part of the telecommunications industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 41.2, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 11.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Verizon Communications a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 16 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Verizon Communications as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Get the full Verizon Communications Ratings Report now. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the technology sector could consider Technology Select Sector SPDR ( XLK) while those bearish on the technology sector could consider ProShares Ultra Short Technology ( REW). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts