3 Stocks Pushing The Financial Sector Lower
1. As of noon trading, HDFC Bank ( HDB) is down $0.37 (-0.9%) to $40.81 on average volume Thus far, 346,924 shares of HDFC Bank exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 628,400 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $40.38-$41.02 after having opened the day at $40.39 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $41.18. HDFC Bank Limited, together with its subsidiaries, provides retail banking, wholesale banking, treasury, and other financial services to individual and business customers in India. HDFC Bank has a market cap of $32.4 billion and is part of the banking industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 33.7, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 57.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates HDFC Bank a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates HDFC Bank as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Get the full HDFC Bank Ratings Report now. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the financial sector could consider Financial Select Sector SPDR ( XLF) while those bearish on the financial sector could consider Proshares Short Financials ( SEF). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts