1. As of noon trading, First Solar ( FSLR) is down $0.62 (-1.9%) to $31.94 on light volume Thus far, 1.5 million shares of First Solar exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.5 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $31.40-$32.71 after having opened the day at $32.57 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $32.56. First Solar, Inc. engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of solar modules using a thin-film semiconductor technology in the United States and internationally. The company is also involved in the design, construction, and sale of photovoltaic solar power systems. First Solar has a market cap of $2.8 billion and is part of the technology sector. Shares are down 5.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate First Solar a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 19 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates First Solar as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Get the full First Solar Ratings Report now. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the electronics industry could consider iShares Dow Jones US Technology ( IYW) while those bearish on the electronics industry could consider ProShares Ultra Short Semiconductor ( SSG). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts