LITTLE ROCK, Ark., Dec. 17, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Windstream Hosted Solutions, one of the nation's premier providers of enterprise-class managed hosting solutions, today announced plans to construct a new enterprise-class data center in Durham, N.C.
The new 22,000-square-foot facility (expandable to 88,000 square feet), which is scheduled to open in 2013, is being built to handle the increased demand for data center services from Windstream's customers. The new Tier III facility will initially add an additional 10,000 square feet of raised floor data center space to Windstream's data center inventory, with the ability to accommodate expansion up to 40,000 square feet over time.
Windstream Hosted Solutions currently operates two other data centers in the Raleigh-Durham area and this is the latest expansion in the Triangle market as a result of customer demand for robust cloud computing solutions and managed services, which can help companies more efficiently manage resources and reduce costs.The new Windstream Durham data center will feature a full array of benefits, including:
- Tier III modular design for easy capacity expansion as needed;
- 2500kVa of utility capacity, expandable to five times that amount;
- 360 tons of cooling capacity to keep inside temperatures constant at an average of 74 degrees Fahrenheit;
- Redundant OC-192 10Gbps circuits, connecting each center to multiple Windstream core POP sites with fully redundant peering;
- Onsite Network Operations Centers (NOCs), fully staffed 24 x 7 x 365, providing facilities and network monitoring, security, technical and remote-hands support.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV