Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Apple (AAPL) have become a battleground, Jim Cramer told Lindsey Bell at TheStreet.com Monday, but his charitable trust, Action Alerts PLUS, continues to hold the stock.
Cramer said that in a way Apple is like 1999 all over again. There is a lot of information and interest surrounding the market's most-valued company, but at the same time many investors just wanted to be in a hot stock and don't really know why they're buying or selling.
That makes for a volatile trade, said Cramer, which is why so many investors are buying on one headline and selling on the next.In the end, Cramer said, most shareholders of Apple still have huge gains, and with tax rates on the rise next year a percentage of investors are locking in those gains. Cramer said we'll need to wait until 2013 before we can truly assess the company's valuation. But, he added, Apple will have to introduce something spectacular in 2013 to overcome the malaise. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV