DEARBORN, Mich., Dec. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ford C-MAX has become the fastest-selling hybrid ever at launch, with 8,030 units sold in its first two months of sales in October and November, outpacing Toyota Camry Hybrid's 7,300 sales in its first two full months in May and June 2006
- C-MAX Hybrid and C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid are selling three times faster than the combined launch sales of Toyota Prius and Honda Insight in 2000
- Ford achieved its best electrified vehicle sales month ever in November with 7,157 units sold, with C-MAX Hybrid and C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid outselling Prius v and Prius Plug-in combined by nearly 10 percent
- Ford is projecting an all-time record quarter for hybrid sales at December close, with more than half of hybrid sales this year expected to come in the fourth quarter
Ford's all-new C-MAX has become the fastest-selling hybrid ever at launch, with 8,030 sales in its first two full months on the market in October and November. This significantly outpaces Toyota Camry Hybrid's 7,300 sales in its first two full months in May and June 2006.
C-MAX hybrids also are selling three times faster than the combined sales for the Toyota Prius and Honda Insight when launched in 2000.
Ford sold 8,999 C-MAX hybrids through November, a figure projected to surpass by 40 percent through December the combined Prius and Insight launch sales of 9,350 in 2000. C-MAX sales would represent four months compared to the initial combined 18 months of Prius and Insight sales."Dealers are seeing an overwhelmingly positive response to C-MAX hybrids and are excited to finally take on Prius, with some offering comparison test drives right on their lots," says C.J. O'Donnell, group marketing manager, Electrification. "Our customers also are excited to have a fresh hybrid option, with leading fuel economy that does not sacrifice driving fun, performance and technology – choices typically not offered with hybrids." Ford achieved its best electrified vehicle sales month ever in November with a total of 7,157 sales, with C-MAX hybrids acting as the driving force behind the milestone. Ford is projecting an all-time record quarter for hybrid sales at December close. More than half of Ford's hybrid sales this year are expected to come in the final quarter of the year as the company continues to ramp up production of Fusion Hybrid and Fusion Energi plug-in hybrid.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts