UL Warns Of Counterfeit UL Mark On A Battery
NORTHBROOK, Ill., Dec. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The following is a notification from UL to consumers and retailers that the battery identified below bears a counterfeit UL Mark. This battery has not been evaluated by UL to any Standards for Safety and it is unknown if this battery complies with the UL safety requirements.
The battery is advertised for sale on Ebay as "New Replacement Battery for iPod 1 1 st Gen".
Name of Product: Model 616-0223
Identification: On the product: This battery bears a counterfeit UL Recognized Component Mark with the model reference, 616-0223.Sold at: Known to be sold on ebay at the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/300601116941?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 and may have been sold at other retailers. About UL UL is a premier global independent safety science company with more than 117 years of history. Employing more than 9,000 professionals with customers in over 100 countries, UL has five distinct business units – Product Safety, Environment, Life & Health, Knowledge Services and Verification Services – to meet the expanding needs of our customers and to deliver on our public safety mission. Additional information about UL may be found at www.UL.com. SOURCE UL
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV