Fluarix Quadrivalent is not currently approved or licensed in any country outside of the U.S. The full U.S. Prescribing Information will be available on http://www.gsk.com/products/index.htm.
About Seasonal Influenza
Seasonal influenza may cause three to five million cases of severe illness and up to 500,000 deaths per year worldwide. Vaccination against influenza is considered one of the most effective ways of preventing mortality, complications, and hospitalisations. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that children six months of age and older and adults receive a flu shot annually. More information about seasonal influenza can be found at http://flu.gov and http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/season/flu-season-2012-2013.htm.
Important Safety Information for Fluarix QuadrivalentFluarix Quadrivalent is a vaccine indicated for active immunization for the prevention of disease caused by influenza A subtype viruses and type B viruses contained in the vaccine. Fluarix Quadrivalent is approved for use in persons 3 years of age and older.
- Do not administer Fluarix Quadrivalent to anyone with known severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis) to any component of the vaccine, including egg protein, or a life-threatening reaction to previous administration of any influenza vaccine.
- If Guillain-Barre syndrome has occurred within 6 weeks of receipt of prior influenza vaccine, the decision to give Fluarix Quadrivalent should be based on careful consideration of the potential benefits and risks.
- The tip caps of the prefilled syringes may contain natural rubber latex which may cause allergic reactions in latex sensitive individuals.
- If Fluarix Quadrivalent is administered to immunosuppressed persons, including individuals receiving immunosuppressive therapy, the immune response may be lower than in immunocompetent persons.
- Syncope (fainting) can occur in association with administration of injectable vaccines. Procedures should be in place to avoid falling injury and to restore cerebral perfusion following syncope.
- In clinical trials with Fluarix Quadrivalent, the most common adverse reactions in adults were pain at the injection site, muscle aches, headaches and fatigue. In children 3 years to less than 18 years of age, the most common adverse reactions were pain at the injection site, redness and swelling. In children 3 years to less than 6 years of age, the most common adverse reactions were drowsiness, irritability, and loss of appetite. In children 6 to less than 18 years of age, the most common systemic adverse reactions were fatigue, muscle aches, headache, arthralgia and gastrointestinal symptoms. (See Adverse Reactions section of the Prescribing Information for Fluarix Quadrivalent for other potential adverse reactions and events).
- Vaccination with Fluarix Quadrivalent may not result in protection in all vaccine recipients.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV