Content is the biggest hidden asset for media firms like CBS right now, and while the true value of CBS' library won't be known for a while, online video services like Netflix (NFLX) and Amazon (AMZN) should unlock considerable value in the meantime. Even though the media business is far from cheap, CBS sports a decent balance sheet and plenty of tertiary assets in cash liquidity needs arise.
Last up today is Texas Instruments (TXN), the Dallas-based semiconductor firm that's better known among school kids for its line of calculators. Texas Instruments is the world's largest analog chipmaker, building electronics that take analog inputs (like audio or temperature) and digitize them for a computer's consumption. The business is a lucrative one, especially as electronic devices continue to become more and more ingrained in consumers' lives -- more analog inputs means more analog chips.
The firm has been doubling down on the chip business, spending money on next generation manufacturing equipment and acquiring National Semiconductor last year in a deal that dramatically boosted TXN's share of the analog chip market. While that acquisition did add some debt to Texas Instruments' formerly debt-free balance sheet, it's a modest obligation compared to the amount of cash that the firm is able to generate.Chipmakers have been under fire for most of this year, but Texas Instruments' exposure to high growth areas like mobile phone components should keep its top line growing faster than its share price in the near-term. Meanwhile, with rising analyst sentiment perking up in shares of this Rocket stock right now, we're betting on shares. To see all of this week's Rocket Stocks in action, check out the Rocket Stocks portfolio at Stockpickr.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV