Staples, Inc. (Nasdaq: SPLS), the world’s largest office products company and second largest internet retailer, today announced that Michael A. Miles Jr., president and chief operating officer, is resigning from the company, effective Feb. 2, 2013.
“The Board and I thank Mike for his leadership and service over the past decade,” said Ron Sargent, Staples’ chairman and chief executive officer. “Mike brought new energy to our brand, drove growth in our services business, and restructured and integrated our international operations. We wish him all the best.”
Miles has accepted a position with Berkshire Partners, the Boston-based investment firm. “I want to express my gratitude to the Staples team around the world for their support and partnership over the past 10 years,” Miles said. “It has been a privilege to be part of this great company.”
About StaplesStaples is the world’s largest office products company and a trusted source for office solutions. The company provides products, services and expertise in office supplies, copy & print, technology, facilities and breakroom, and furniture. Staples invented the office superstore concept in 1986 and now has annual sales of $25 billion, ranking second in the world in eCommerce sales. With 88,000 associates worldwide, Staples operates in 26 countries throughout North and South America, Europe, Asia and Australia, making it easy for businesses of all sizes, and consumers. The company is headquartered outside Boston. More information about Staples (Nasdaq: SPLS) is available at www.staples.com/media.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV