Dec. 17, 2012
, the world's most popular wedding planning destination, today announced the launch of its new look, just in time for "White Wednesday" and the crush of couples who get engaged over the holidays and jump online
to start planning their weddings and finding their vendors. The new look and feel offers couples a streamlined and personalized approach to managing the stressful 200+ decisions required when planning a wedding. In addition, the new site design filters and organizes the extraordinarily vast collection of ideas, answers, vendors, products and inspirational pictures on TheKnot.com, ensuring that couples can easily find exactly the information they need when they need it.
"Having the world's largest curated collection of inspirational
, etiquette answers,
wedding venue listings
, photographer portfolios, vendor reviews, new ideas and more is our greatest asset, but it is a challenge not to overwhelm our brides and grooms!" says
, cofounder of TheKnot.com. "This new web design, combined with our new mobile site and top-rated
wedding planning app
for the iPhone, creates a more tailored, step-by-step, on-the-go experience personalized to each bride's needs."
Features of the redesign of TheKnot.com include:
- Step-by-Step Guide: The new left-hand navigation bar is a bride's personalized wedding to-do checklist, providing guidance on exactly what to do next. Every answer set of curated options is just one click away.
- Chic, Clean Design: A gray letterpress logo, larger images and more white space create an elegant new feel.
- "My Palette" Homepage: Members see curated links based on their wedding style, as well as aspirational images curated to match their personal wedding palette. (Is pink your wedding color? Your homepage is now all pink inspiration!)
- Image Search: New robust search functionality delivers fast visual search results for every color, brand or category: "Purple," "bouquets," "feathers," " Monique Lhuillier," "St. Regis," "NYC photographers."
- Facebook Friendly: Members can now easily share images, poll their Facebook friends or mark their planning milestones on their timeline.
- Web-Wide Wedding Scrapbooking: The Knot "Love It" button helps brides easily clip their favorite photos from anywhere on the web into their planner on TheKnot.com.
In order to provide brides with the best experience possible and all the information necessary to plan the perfect wedding, TheKnot.com will announce the seventh-annual Best of Weddings on
. The announcement will feature the best of the best in every category, from photographers and venues to favors and beyond, in more than 80 local markets.
The Knot is the nation's leading wedding resource, reaching nearly every bride in America through the #1 wedding website, TheKnot.com;
national and local wedding magazines; The Knot book series; and syndicated columns in newspapers nationwide. The Knot is the flagship brand of XO Group Inc. (NYSE: XOXO;
), a global media and technology leader devoted to weddings, pregnancy and everything in between, providing young women with the trusted information, products and advice they need to guide them through the most transformative events of their lives. Follow
The Knot on Twitter
Public Relations ManagerThe Knot(212) 515-3595