ORLANDO, Fla., Dec. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The U.S. Army selected Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) to compete for task orders through a new Software and Systems Engineering Services Next Generation (SSES NexGen) program.
The indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity contract will support the command, control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (C4ISR) community across the Department of Defense and in civilian agencies.
"Timely, actionable information saves lives. Lockheed Martin's focus for SSES NexGen is to provide warfighters in the field with reliable software and technical solutions that help them complete their missions effectively and safely," said Judy Burke, vice president of mission support at Lockheed Martin's Global Training and Logistics business.
Ten other prime contractors were selected to compete for projects through SSES NexGen. The program has a $7 billion ceiling value over five years.Lockheed Martin supports numerous software development and sustainment projects for the Army Communications-Electronics Command's Software Engineering Center, including the Distributed Common Ground System, the Reprogramming Analysis Team, Ground Station Branch, Communications Software Support and the Sensors Branch Software Support programs. These efforts directly support deployed U.S. and coalition troops. Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs about 120,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. The corporation's net sales for 2011 were $46.5 billion. For additional information about Lockheed Martin, visit our website: http://www.lockheedmartin.com SOURCE Lockheed Martin
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV