NEW YORK, December 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Elsevier, a world-leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information products and services, announces the launch of Journal of Pediatric Surgery Case Reports ( JPS Case Reports), a new online-only, open access journal devoted to the rapid publication of short, precise reports in pediatric surgery.
As a sister journal to Journal of Pediatric Surgery (JPS), JPS Case Reports will benefit from wide exposure and cross-promotion. JPS Case Reports will present original, peer-reviewed case reports that identify unusual presentations, novel diagnostic and therapeutic techniques, and lessons learned all representing high clinical interest and educational value.
Steven Stylianos, MD, Professor of Surgery & Pediatrics at Hofstra North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine, Hempstead, New York, and Editor-in-Chief of JPS Case Reports said of the launch, "In announcing the launch of Journal of Pediatrics Case Reports we are reminded of the value that surgeons place on learning from clinical anecdotes and patient-based stories. While case reports may represent the lowest level of science, they remain the first line of evidence of what actually happened."Jay Grosfeld, Editor of sister journal Journal of Pediatric Surgery, added, "Dr. Stylianos is recognized as a national leader in the care of the injured child and has had a very productive career. He is a member of the American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma and a Consultant to the Pediatric Surgery Board of the American Board of Surgery. He is on the Executive Board of the Pediatric Trauma Society." Articles published in JPS Case Reports are freely available to anyone at http://www.jpscasereports.com and are published online on ScienceDirect. For more information or to submit an article, go to: http://www.jpscasereports.com. About Elsevier
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV