DETROIT, Dec. 17, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Compuware Corporation (Nasdaq:CPWR), the technology performance company, today announced its top application performance management (APM) predictions for 2013 and insight on why APM is becoming a new imperative for C-Suite executives. APM is the principal IT discipline enabling organizations to assure the performance, availability and value of business-critical applications.
According to Gartner, Inc., APM has become a central focus for IT operations. By the end of 2012, Gartner estimates global spending for APM software will grow to $2.14 billion, up 9% over the $2 billion spent in 2011. i
In today's era of the digital enterprise, two primary forces are driving the evolution of the APM market:
- A growing realization by executives that applications are the business, and application performance impacts customer loyalty, sales and profits.
- A new generation of APM solutions has emerged that are fundamentally different from traditional APM. Modern APM isn't just another IT "tool." It's an application management system that ensures enterprise-wide application performance, allowing companies to speed new releases to market, proactively eliminate issues before they impact users, reduce application management costs and increase application profitability.
- Prediction 1: Complexity Will Continue to Accelerate Around Management of Business Critical Apps. IT environments continue to become more complex--at the edge of the internet, in the cloud and in the data center--increasing the need for new generation APM with unified, real-time insight across the application delivery chain, including third-party and cloud services. This insight, coupled with deep 24/7 visibility, enables organizations to optimize application performance from the user's device, through the cloud, across all data center tiers to a system of record and back again, preventing potential problems from having an impact on users.
- Prediction 2: Performance Analytics Will Be a Requirement For a Complete APM Strategy. Organizations now collect unprecedented volumes of data. The key to making sense of this will be systems that automate analytics and deliver actionable insight and answers, not just more data. Increasingly, new generation APM will provide a unified system for all stakeholders. Business owners will use it to obtain immediate insight needed to ensure that applications effectively support business goals and that IT has the transaction-pure detail needed to optimize application performance and assure stability and scalability.
- Prediction 3: The Mobile Surge Will Drive the Industrialization of Mobile Applications. Users now access applications from an unprecedented number of mobile devices and apps. Mobile applications are maturing to become the primary engagement model in many markets, from financial services to e-Commerce, and the sustained mobile explosion continues to fuel the ever-growing performance expectations of end users. Modern APM simplifies mobile complexity and enables optimized applications, so organizations can keep businesses competitive amidst a rapidly changing landscape.
- Prediction 4: APM Will Become a Strategic Component of Big Data. Big data is trending from experimental projects to becoming an enterprise-wide analytics platform. Expanding data volume, variety, velocity and complexity necessitates a new approach to enterprise analytics. Integrating new generation APM into big data environments will become a best practice for organizations to eliminate risks and costs associated with poor performance, availability and scalability. As early adopters are discovering, big hardware does not necessarily mean faster big data apps.
- Prediction 5: A Lifecycle Approach to APM Will Drive Adoption of DevOps and Agile Operations. Leading organizations are already using new generation APM to support unified management of the application lifecycle--development, testing and production. With DevOps and Agile gaining ground, more organizations will take a lifecycle approach to APM. By using a lifecycle approach, redundant, time-consuming tasks are automated, and business processes across traditional silos are dramatically improved. This means faster applications, faster time-to-market, and the elimination of issues before they become problems in production.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV