If you own bonds (iShares Barclays TIPS Bond ETF (TIP) , iShares Barclays 20+ Year Treasury Bond ETF (TLT) , iShares S&P National Municipal Bond ETF (MUB) , iShares iBoxx Investment Grade Corporate Bond ETF (LQD) ), and who doesn't nowadays, be ready to jump ship and hope you're not late.
I dare not predict when the bubble will go bust. It really could last quite a few years, as in Japan; on the other hand, judging from the zero marginal effect of QE4 and especially if you are optimistic on U.S. economic recovery, we could be close to the turning point. Either way I'd rather stay away from the rat race early and stay with SPDR Gold ETF (GLD).
At the time of publication the author was long gold.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV