BUFFALO, N.Y, Dec. 17, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- First Niagara Financial Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:FNFG) promoted Daniel E. Cantara III to serve as Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Banking Officer, responsible for oversight and leadership of all customer-facing businesses at the regional bank.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=16308
"Dan is a proven executive who consistently delivers exceptional results for our organization," President and Chief Executive Officer John R. Koelmel said. "Aligning all aspects of the customer experience under Dan's leadership, across all products and services, is a continuation of our strategy to optimize and drive growth and will enable us to more fully realize the opportunities within each of our markets."In addition to continuing his direct responsibility for First Niagara's Commercial Services Group, as well as oversight of the Consumer Finance business under Executive Vice President Andrew Fornarola, Cantara's expanded role will now also include all Retail Banking operations under Executive Vice President Mark Rendulic's leadership. "I'm very proud of First Niagara's record of meeting and exceeding the needs of all customers in the communities we serve, not only as a bank and financial services provider, but as a leading corporate citizen," Cantara said. "The success we've achieved is thanks to the thousands of First Niagara team members who devote themselves to doing great things for our customers and neighbors, and I'm excited to have the opportunity to make sure they have the support they need to further grow and succeed, each and every day."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV