Health Net Federal Services, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Health Net, Inc. (NYSE:HNT), today announced that it has been designated a 2013 Military Friendly Employer by Victory Media, publisher of G.I. Jobs magazine .
“Health Net Federal Services is honored to be recognized as a 2013 Military Friendly Employer by G.I. Jobs. We are privileged to assist the men and women who serve, veterans, and their families. We understand the importance of getting them back to work and the value they bring to the workforce,” said Thomas Carrato, president, Health Net Federal Services. He added, “Hiring those who have served is not charity – it’s good business.”
Victory Media first published a list of its top military-friendly companies in 2003. The list has grown from 10 to 100 over the years, and this was the first year Victory Media recognized a separate roll of employers not found in the Top 100. Health Net Federal Services earned a No. 33 ranking on the G.I. Jobs Top 50 in 2008.
“Due to the fierce competition for our Top 100 list, many great programs failed to make this year’s list simply because interest and participation in hiring military is at an all-time high,” said Sean Collins, vice president for Victory Media and director for G.I. Jobs. “So, we created the Military Friendly Employers designation outside of the Top 100 to recognize another one percent of companies that have great programs and opportunities for veterans and their spouses.”Companies earned the Military Friendly Employers distinction via the same methodology as Victory Media’s Top 100 Military Friendly Employers list, which was announced earlier this year. Criteria for designation involved reaching a benchmark score across key areas such as strength of military recruiting efforts and percentage of new hires with prior military service, in addition to retention programs and company policies on National Guard and Reserve service.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV