ERIE, Pa., Dec. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- In the wake of the devastation of Hurricane Sandy, Erie Insurance is donating $100,000 to the American Red Cross to assist victims of the storm. The donation will be divided among Red Cross chapters in ERIE's footprint most impacted by the storm including chapters in Maryland, New York, and Pennsylvania.
"There is always a great need that follows catastrophes of this magnitude and the Red Cross is the go-to resource for shelter, food, and other assistance," said ERIE President and CEO Terry Cavanaugh. "We hope our contribution will help in the ongoing effort to rebuild lives and restore communities."
The donation will be divided as follows:
- American Red Cross of the Greater Lehigh Valley - $20,000
- American Red Cross of Susquehanna Valley - $20,000
- American Red Cross of Southeastern Pennsylvania and Philadelphia - $20,000
- American Red Cross, Washington County Maryland Chapter - $10,000
- American Red Cross of the National Capital Region - $10,000
- American Red Cross, Greater New York Region - $20,000
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts