RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, N.C., Dec. 17, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Tranzyme Pharma (Nasdaq:TZYM) today announced it is discontinuing and immediately ending patient enrollment in DIGEST, a Phase 2b trial in diabetic patients receiving TZP-102 for the management of symptoms of gastroparesis, due to insufficient efficacy. The decision followed a planned interim futility analysis, which examined patients' responsiveness to thrice daily oral dosing of 10mg of TZP-102 or placebo at the end of weeks 4 and 8 of a 12 week trial. The results are consistent with the findings of a prior Phase 2b trial in that there was a very large placebo effect and no treatment effect.
About Tranzyme Pharma
Tranzyme Pharma is a biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing novel, mechanism-based therapeutics for the treatment of upper gastrointestinal (GI) motility disorders. While approximately 40 percent of people in the U.S. are affected by these persistent and recurring conditions which disrupt the normal movement of food throughout the GI tract, there are a limited number of safe and effective treatment options. By leveraging its proprietary drug discovery technology, MATCH™, Tranzyme is committed to pursuing first-in-class medicines to address areas of significant unmet medical needs.Further information about Tranzyme Pharma can be found on the Company's web site at www.tranzyme.com .
CONTACT: Corporate Inquiries: Susan Sharpe Director, Corporate Communications (919) 328-1109 email@example.com Investor Inquiries: David Carey Lazar Partners, Ltd. (212) 867-1768 firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV