PLANO, Texas, Dec. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Tostitos, a leading brand from PepsiCo's Frito-Lay division and the brand known for making anytime party time, is giving party-goers across the country a whole new way to celebrate with the launch of new Tostitos Cantina tortilla chips and salsas. As a first-of-its-kind platform for the brand, the Tostitos Cantina line recreates the delicious Mexican restaurant experience for consumers at home. With vibrant, colorful packaging, unique tortilla chip textures and perfectly paired flavorful salsas, these newest additions to the Tostitos portfolio are sure to bring life to the party, anytime and anywhere they are shared.
The Tostitos Cantina line includes two unique tortilla chips and salsa pairings that bring consumers distinct and delicious taste experiences, reminiscent of your favorite Mexican Restaurant:
- Tostitos Cantina Thin & Crispy tortilla chips offer a crispy, light texture. They pair perfectly with the smoky flavor of new Tostitos Cantina Chipotle Restaurant Style salsa.
- Tostitos Cantina Traditional tortilla chips are authentic and hearty yellow corn chips. They deliver an abundant crunch and stand up to hearty dips, like delicious Tostitos Cantina Roasted Garlic Thick & Chunky salsa.
"The new Tostitos Cantina line brings the delicious Mexican restaurant experience consumers love right into their homes," said Tony Matta, vice president of marketing, Frito-Lay North America. "It's an entirely new line of Tostitos tortilla chips and salsas that will give our fans the perfect reason to get together and party – anytime and anywhere."
New Tostitos Cantina tortilla chips and salsa hit store shelves nationwide this month. The two salsas, Tostitos Cantina Chipotle Restaurant Style salsa and Tostitos Cantina Roasted Garlic Thick & Chunky salsa, are available in 15 ½-oz. jars for a suggested retail price of $3.29 each. Tostitos Cantina Thin & Crispy tortilla chips are offered in 9-oz. packages for a suggested retail price of $3.29 each. Tostitos Cantina Traditional tortilla chips are available in 12-oz. packages for a suggested price of $3.29 each as well as 20-oz. packages for $4.99 each.About TostitosThe Tostitos brand is one of the many brands that make up Frito-Lay North America, the $13 billion convenient foods business unit of PepsiCo (NYSE: PEP), which is headquartered in Purchase, NY. In addition to Frito-Lay, PepsiCo business units include Pepsi-Cola, Quaker Foods, Gatorade and Tropicana. Learn more about Frito-Lay at the corporate Web site, http://www.fritolay.com/, the Snack Chat blog, http://www.snacks.com/ and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/fritolay. About PepsiCoPepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader with net revenues of more than $65 billion and a product portfolio that includes 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in annual retail sales. Our main businesses – Quaker, Tropicana, Gatorade, Frito-Lay and Pepsi-Cola – make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world. PepsiCo's people are united by our unique commitment to sustainable growth by investing in a healthier future for people and our planet, which we believe also means a more successful future for PepsiCo. We call this commitment Performance with Purpose: PepsiCo's promise to provide a wide range of foods and beverages for local tastes; to find innovative ways to minimize our impact on the environment by conserving energy and water and reducing packaging volume; to provide a great workplace for our associates; and to respect, support and invest in the local communities where we operate. For more information, please visit www.pepsico.com. Follow PepsiCo: Frito-Lay North America
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV