Covidien (NYSE: COV), a leading global provider of healthcare products, today announced a significant capacity expansion of its Kangaroo™ ePump and Kangaroo™ Joey enteral feeding pumps and sets. This announcement comes in the wake of a recent announcement of a competitor’s exit from the enteral feeding pump market in the United States.
“Covidien has increased its inventory of enteral feeding pumps and its feeding set capacity to ensure that there is no shortage in the market,” said Gabriel McHugh, Franchise Director of Marketing at Covidien. “With this investment, we are confident that we can provide ample supply to meet market needs today and in the future. All Kangaroo feeding pumps and sets are currently in stock and available for shipment.”
For 30 years, clinicians have relied on Kangaroo enteral feeding pumps to feed and hydrate their patients. Covidien offers Kangaroo feeding pump technology in both institutional and ambulatory options.
- The Kangaroo ePump enteral feeding pump is optimized for the institutional setting with fully programmable variable feed, flush and hydration capabilities and easy to use ATM-style programming. It is accompanied by a full portfolio of feeding sets featuring safe enteral connections.
- The Kangaroo Joey enteral feeding pump feature set matches the Kangaroo ePump but with fully ambulatory capabilities, lightweight design and an extended battery life of 18 hours, it is ideal for the home setting.
All Kangaroo enteral feeding products feature safe enteral connections including:
- Stepped connectors that have been designed with a larger tip to prevent accidental connection to IV tubes while providing a secure connection with Kangaroo feeding tubes
- Purple color-coding to identify a nutritional port not for IV access.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV