PALO ALTO, Calif., Dec. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Autonomy, an HP Company, today announced that North Shore Credit Union (NSCU), a recognized innovator in the financial services industry, has selected HP Data Protector 7 and HP StoreOnce Catalyst to provide an end-to-end data protection and deduplication solution to back up the bulk of its email, servers, files and virtual environments.
Based in North Vancouver, British Columbia, NSCU is a full-service financial institution with approximately 40,000 clients, 12 branches and 300 employees. With HP Data Protector and HP StoreOnce, NSCU can now rapidly recall and restore data. They also have the flexibility to replicate among other HP StoreOnce devices while limiting the amount of bandwidth required for that replication. NSCU no longer has to access and recall physical data tapes from a vault, saving the credit union more than $130,000 annually. Also, HP Data Protector and HP StoreOnce Catalyst allow NSCU to move data around faster, resulting in a dramatic decrease in back-up and retention times.
"In my experience, it's rare to find someone who likes their data back-up software but Data Protector is one that I find myself recommending to others because the service is excellent and the technology is outstanding," said Ryan C. Burgess, infrastructure architect, North Shore Credit Union. "Through HP Autonomy, we have access to expertise that can meet the evolving needs of our environment, ensuring that if any issues arise they get solved very quickly."
HP Data Protector is the industry's first unified, meaning-based data-protection solution that utilizes an intelligent data management approach to seamlessly protect and harness data based on its meaning from the edge to the data center and across physical, virtual and cloud environments.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV