FREIBURG, Germany, Dec. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE: NOC) is supplying the LCR-100 attitude and heading reference system (AHRS) for Sikorsky's new S-76D helicopter, which recently received Type Certification from the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://media.globenewswire.com/noc/.
The LCR-100 is a standard component of the Thales TopDeck ® avionics suite on the new medium-sized, twin-engine helicopter. Northrop Grumman provided both the LCR-92 and LCR-100 fibre-optic AHRS on earlier versions of the S-76 helicopter platform.Developed by Northrop Grumman's navigation and positioning systems subsidiary in Germany, Northrop Grumman LITEF, the LCR-100 provides critical flight information regarding the aircraft's position, heading and attitude. The LCR-100 offers precise outputs to the flight control system and has demonstrated high reliability and accuracy in the helicopter environment. "The LCR-100 has proven its dependability and efficiency in serving rugged helicopter platforms, including previous versions of the S-76," said Eckehardt Keip, managing director for Northrop Grumman LITEF. "We continue to offer lighter products with greater accuracy and performance." Northrop Grumman LITEF is a leading supplier of inertial sensors, inertial reference, and inertial navigation systems and computers with products deployed in more than 30 countries in aircraft, marine vessels and ground mobile applications. The company has more than 15,000 fibre-optic gyro systems serving in aircraft worldwide. Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. Please visit www.northropgrumman.com for more information. SOURCE Northrop Grumman Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV