Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, Kingdom Holding Co.
To confine potential market successors to Warren Buffett and Carl Icahn just to the United States would miss some of the most obvious long-term trends in the investing world - namely the emergence of international investing magnates.
No one represents a new foreign investing class in the United States more than Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal of Kingdom Holding Co. The Prince made a crucial if not controversial investment in Citigroup (C) at the outset of the financial crisis, and he been a longtime champion of once beaten down tech giants spanning from Apple (AAPL) to Priceline.com (PCLN).
What Alwaleed may represent is a new class of sovereign wealth investors with a proclivity to make all types of investments, be they a quick trade, equity infusions into a struggling financial institution or venture money in the likes of Twitter.Meanwhile, the Prince - who sometimes can be seen on the likes of CNBC and Bloomberg -- also may be the most deep pocketed trader in the world. While Alwaleed's Citigroup trade displayed the investors importance, it nevertheless hasn't compared with Buffett-bank plays like Goldman Sachs and Bank of America. A long-held position in Saks (SKS) has recovered well, after nearly getting wiped out at the height of the financial crisis. By making venture bets in emerging tech behemoths like Twitter, Alwaleed also straddles an important intersection between Silicon Valley and Wall Street.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV