5 Best Homebrewing Gifts for the Holidays
Northern Brewer brew kettles
Yes, you can use your existing pots to brew your beer, but that can not only take its toll on the cookware but get really messy if your stockpot isn't quite the right size.
While you can find brewing pots and stock pots on Amazon (AMZN) or even in a local homebrew supply store, it can get a bit dizzying if you don't know exactly what you're looking for. First off, a new homebrewer making five-gallon batches is going to learn quickly that a five gallon pot won't make much other than a mess. Secondly, a homebrewer just starting out can get by without the built-in theremometers, spigots and other items that tend to drive up the price of something like this.
For a new brewer, a 7.5-gallon kettle will do. It's small enough that it can be put to work on a stovetop without getting in the way and big enough to accommodate a new brewer once he or she moves on from starter kits to all-grain recipes and from the stove to a high-powered propane burner. Should your brewer's needs change down the road, Minnesota- and Wisconsin-based Northern Brewer can show something in a 10.5-gallon spigoted kettle or a $400-plus 10- to 55-gallon kettle with an "autosparger" that trickles water through your grain so you don't have to.
Portland Growler Co. growlers
Once your brewer's made a batch or two and starts meeting other brewers, it's going to be time to share.
>To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV