Time For Common Sense Gun Control Has Arrived
Second, every gun should be licensed and registered, and the approvals process should be stringent. Although there are logistical difficulties to obtaining information about guns already in the market, it's relatively straightforward to mandate for any new guns sold.
My final point is critical. Pro-gun advocates argue constantly about rights, which is fine. Yet with any right comes responsibility. Given the potential consequences, the right to bear arms should be tightly wedded to meaningful responsibility. So here's the proposal: All guns must be registered to one individual, and that individual is responsible for that gun and for any crimes committed with that weapon. If the gun is lost or stolen, it must be promptly reported to the police, at which point the burden of responsibility shifts. Otherwise, crimes committed using your gun are your crimes. Period.
This isn't a nuanced proposal from a gun control expert. It's a common sense outline from a father who doesn't want to worry about sending his child to school.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV