Getting Coal in Your Stocking May Be Exactly What You Want
This Coal ETF (KOL) is a basket of coal companies and is starting to show signs of a new bull market. A breakout and close above $26.00 should trigger strong buying with the potential of a 21% gain before it hits my first price target. This could go way past that, but one target at a time, folks.
Naturally, I would like to see a bull flag or pause in KOL over the next couple of weeks, then look to get long using the pivot low of that pause/bull flag as my protective stop. I'm not jumping in here as the broad market looks ready to correct and ¾ stocks follow the big board, which will pull KOL down.
ANR: My Top Coal Stock PickI pointed out ANR at $7.50 at the beginning of December, as it was the best-looking coal stock I could find. The two key indicators, price and volume, were clearly pointing to higher prices and the potential gain. Even if it was just played up to the Stage 1 Resistance Level, it still netted a 30% move. Crazy part is that there is the potential for a 100% rally to my first price target. Follow my free ideas here live.
You Want Gizmos or Coal in You're Stocking?In short, I really like the coal sector for the first quarter of 2013. I'm not too worried about the fiscal cliff, as it's not the end of the world and the U.S., along with most other countries, are all bankrupt together, in my opinion. New rules and ideas will be implemented and life and business will continue. I am not too worried. I am expecting stocks to continue sideways or higher into May, at which time a serious correction could take place. But don't worry -- we take things one week at time and I will be adjusting my outlook accordingly. Get My Trade Ideas & Alerts Delivered To Your Inbox: www.TheGoldAndOilGuy.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV