Angela Greiling Keane, Bloomberg Transportation Reporter, Elected NPC President
WASHINGTON, Dec. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Bloomberg News reporter Angela Greiling Keane was elected the National Press Club's 106th president on Dec. 14.
Club members also elected as vice president, Myron Belkind, George Washington University journalism professor and retired Associated Press foreign correspondent; as treasurer, John Hughes also of Bloomberg News; as secretary, Joel Whitaker of Kane's Beverage News Daily; and as membership secretary, Marc Wojno , of Kiplinger's Personal Finance magazine.
Marilyn Geewax of NPR ; Joseph Morton of the Omaha World Herald ; Frederica Dunn of the Jamestown (N.Y.) Post-Journal ; Jeffery Ballou , of Al Jazeera English; and Ed Barks of Barks Communications were elected to the Board of Governors, the governing body of the National Press Club."The troubled economy and rapid technology changes have created a challenging environment for journalists," Greiling Keane said. "As president, I will look for opportunities within these challenges to increase the Club's value for all types of journalists and their media organizations." She pledged that the National Press Club, the world's leading professional organization for journalists, will continue to advocate for press freedom in the United States and around the world. Greiling Keane has worked for Bloomberg for nearly six years following four years as an associate editor for Traffic World magazine and four years as Washington correspondent for the Small Newspaper Group. At Bloomberg, she covers transportation, focusing on the auto and rail industries, and the Postal Service.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV