Preventing And Responding To School Shootings
SANTA MONICA, Calif., Dec. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Joffe Emergency Services, the leading provider of emergency preparedness and response training for independent schools throughout the nation, is available to provide expanded comment on the ways in which parents concerned about the safety of their child/children at school can respond to the tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut.
Joffe recommends that parents talk with the leadership of their child/children's school about lockdown procedures. Best practice mandates monthly egress drills, internal classroom locks, an annual full-scale moulage drill, and a lockdown kit in every classroom.
Additionally, parents are encouraged to discuss these common topics in with their child/children's school:
- The role of staff and faculty in an active shooter response.
- Their school's preventative infrastructure (locks, lockdown kits, etc.).
- On-scene best practice in the event of an active shooter.
- Post crisis triage protocol.
- Dismissal procedures and reunification protocol.
- Serving on a safety oversight committee.
About Joffe Emergency ServicesJoffe Emergency Services is the leading provider of emergency preparedness and response training for independent schools throughout the nation with over 200 years of combined experience in the field. Joffe Emergency Services is helmed by Chris Joffe (FEMA - Response to School Crisis, IFTLS, NREMT-P, National Center For Crisis Management – Member). For More Information Chris Joffe, Owner, Joffe Emergency Services telephone: 213.265.4227 (Cell) 310.525.6333 Ext. 3 (Work) Email: Chris@JoffeEmergencyServices.comWeb: www.joffeemergencyservices.com/School-Emergency-Planning-s/176.htmTwitter: http://twitter.com/joffeemergencyFacebook: www.facebook.com/JoffeEmergencyServices SOURCE Joffe Emergency Services
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV