- Create an open and supportive environment where children know they can ask questions.
- Give honest answers and information. Use words and concepts they can understand.
- Help children to find ways to express themselves and to know that people are there to help. Remember also that children learn by watching parents and teachers react and listening to their conversations.
- Don't let children watch too much television with frightening repetitious images.
- Monitor for physical symptoms such as headaches, stomach aches or other pains.
The Sandy Hook Elementary School Tragedy; NAMI Statement Includes Trauma Resources
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts