Value Line, Inc., (NASDAQ: VALU) reported results for the second fiscal quarter ended October 31, 2012. The Company’s quarterly report on Form 10-Q has been filed with the SEC and is available on the Company’s website @ www.valueline.com/About/corporate_filings.aspx.
During the six months ended October 31, 2012, the Company’s net income of $3,348,000, or $0.34 per share compares to net income of $3,991,000, or $0.40 per share, for the six months ended October 31, 2011. Net income for the second quarter of fiscal 2013 of $1,572,000, or $0.16 per share compares to net income of $1,915,000, or $0.19 per share, for the second quarter of fiscal 2012. Income before income taxes, which is inclusive of the non-voting revenues and non-voting profits interests from EULAV Asset Management (EAM), was $5,330,000 for the six months ended October 31, 2012, as compared to $6,102,000 for the six months ended October 31, 2011. Shareholders’ equity of $32,690,000 at October 31, 2012 compared favorably to shareholders’ equity of $32,297,000 at October 31, 2011. As of October 31, 2012, retained earnings were $32,007,000 and cash and short term liquid assets were $13,346,000, respectively.
Value Line, Inc. is a leading New York based provider of investment research. The Value Line Investment Survey is one of the most widely used sources of independent equity investment research. Value Line also publishes a range of proprietary investment research in both print and digital formats including our original research in the areas of Mutual Funds, Options and Convertible securities. Value Line’s acclaimed research also enables the Company to provide specialized products such as Value Line Select, Value Line Special Situations, Value Line Dividend Select, and copyright data, distributed under copyright agreements for fees, including certain proprietary ranking system information and other proprietary information used in third party products. Investment Management services are provided through its substantial non-controlling and non-voting interests in EULAV Asset Management, the investment adviser to The Value Line Family of Mutual Funds. Value Line’s products are available to individual investors at www.valueline.com or through 1-800-VALUELINE, while institutional-level services for professional investors, advisers, corporate, academic, municipal and legal libraries are offered at www.ValueLinePro.com.
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking InformationThis report contains statements that are predictive in nature, depend upon or refer to future events or conditions (including certain projections and business trends) accompanied by such phrases as “believe”, “estimate”, “expect”, “anticipate”, “will”, “intend” and other similar or negative expressions, that are “forward-looking statements” as defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, as amended. Actual results for Value Line, Inc. (“Value Line” or “the Company”) may differ materially from those projected as a result of certain risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to the following:
- dependence on key personnel;
- maintaining revenue from subscriptions for the Company’s digital and print published products;
- protection of intellectual property rights;
- changes in market and economic conditions, including global financial issues;
- dependence on non-voting revenues and non-voting profits interests in EULAV Asset Management, a Delaware statutory trust (“EAM” or “EAM Trust”), which serves as an investment advisor to the Value Line Funds and engages in related distribution, marketing and administrative services;
- fluctuations in EAM’s assets under management due to broadly based changes in the values of equity and debt securities, redemptions by investors and other factors, and the effect these changes may have on the valuation of EAM’s intangible assets;
- competition in the fields of publishing, copyright data and investment management;
- the impact of government regulation on the Company’s and EAM’s business;
- availability of free or low cost investment data through discount brokers or generally over the internet;
- terrorist attacks, cyber security attacks and natural disasters;
- identifying and executing a suitable lease for replacement office space for the Company’s principal offices prior to expiration in May 2013 of the current, non-renewable lease at the Company’s current location;
- other risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to the risks described in Item 1A, “Risk Factors” of the Company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended April 30, 2012 and in Part II, Item 1A of the Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the period ended July 31, 2012; and
- other risks and uncertainties arising from time to time.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts