Praxair, Inc. (NYSE: PX), and its divisions and subsidiaries (Praxair Distribution, Inc., Praxair Healthcare Services, Praxair Canada Inc., and Praxair Puerto Rico B.V.) are notifying bulk and packaged, industrial, electronics, specialty and medical gas customers in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico of increases in prices effective January 1, 2013, or as contracts permit, as follows:
- Up to 15% for nitrogen, oxygen, and carbon dioxide;
- Up to 20% for argon and hydrogen;
- Up to 30% for helium;
- Up to 15% for facility fees or monthly bulk product charges and cylinder rental rates;
- Up to 15% on hardgoods.
Price adjustments will vary as permitted by individual supply contracts.
These adjustments are due to persistent supply/demand imbalances for some products in the United States and Canada combined with increases in the cost of feedstock and other raw materials. In addition, energy costs in the United States continue to increase, driven by state renewable energy requirements and associated utility transmission and distribution upgrades.
Praxair, Inc. is the largest industrial gases company in North and South America, and one of the largest worldwide, with 2011 sales of $11 billion. The company produces, sells and distributes atmospheric, process and specialty gases, and high-performance surface coatings. Praxair products, services and technologies are making our planet more productive by bringing efficiency and environmental benefits to a wide variety of industries, including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing, metals and others. More information on Praxair is available on the Internet at www.praxair.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV