Reuters reported on Friday that Morgan Stanley named Bob Eatroff and Jim Head jointly to lead the company's mergers and acquisitions business in the Americas, while Colm Donlon and Johannes Groeller were named co-heads for M&A in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
The company also promoted Susie Huang and Michele Colocci as vice chairmen of investment banking, according to internal memos reviewed by Reuters.
Morgan Stanley's shares have now returned 21% year-to-date, following a 44% decline during 2011.
The shares trade for 0.7 times their reported Sept. 30 tangible book value of $26.65, and for nine times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $1.99, among analysts polled by Thomson Reuters. The consensus 2014 EPS estimate is $2.32.Morgan Stanley pays a quarterly dividend of a nickel a share. Bank of America Merrill Lynch analyst Michael Carrier has a neutral rating on Morgan Stanley, with a $20 price target, and on Nov. 25 said that following the next round of Federal Reserve stress tests in March, there could be "upside potential" for Morgan Stanley to pay out a higher percentage of earnings. Carrier also said that the possible regulatory approval for the company to complete its purchase of Citigroup's entire remaining stake in the Morgan Stanley Smith Barney joint venture could "mostly replace" common share buybacks. MS data by YCharts
Interested in more on Morgan Stanley? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Email. Follow @PhilipvanDoorn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV