SAN JOSE, Calif., Dec. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- SunPower Corp. (NASDAQ: SPWR) today announced it has entered into an agreement to settle the private securities class action suit against the company and certain current and former members of management. This action is titled, "In re SunPower Securities Litigation."
The agreement, which is subject to negotiation and execution of a final settlement document and court approval, provides for the payment by SunPower of $19.7 million and would lead to the dismissal of all claims against the defendants. The company expects to reflect the impact of the settlement in its fourth quarter 2012 financial results.
"While we strongly believe that the company and its management fully met all their legal obligations, we have decided it is more prudent to focus our efforts on growing new markets and continuing to expand our leading residential market share position," said Lisa Bodensteiner, SunPower executive vice president and general counsel.
About SunPower SunPower Corp. (NASDAQ: SPWR) designs, manufactures and delivers the highest efficiency, highest reliability solar panels and systems available today. Residential, business, government and utility customers rely on the company's quarter century of experience and guaranteed performance to provide maximum return on investment throughout the life of the solar system. Headquartered in
San Jose, Calif., SunPower has offices in
Asia. For more information, visit
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV