Artesian Water Maryland, Inc., a subsidiary of Artesian Resources Corporation (NASDAQ: ARTNA), celebrated today the successful partnership that has ensured reliable water service in areas of Cecil County that previously lacked an adequate water supply.
In the past year, Artesian has installed more than seven miles of water main between its Delaware systems and numerous points in Cecil County. The foundation for the project initially started in 2009 when Artesian completed an interconnection of its Delaware water system to the Town of Elkton. A booster station was built on Route 40 in Delaware, and a 20” water main was installed to Red Hill Road in Elkton, Maryland. During 2012, main was installed from Red Hill Road along the Maryland/Delaware state line to the Meadowview system on Newark/Elkton Road. Additional water main was installed from the Meadowview system on Fletchwood Road and extended to the existing Manchester Park (formerly CECO) water system. From Manchester Park, water main was installed along Cherry Hill Road to the W. L. Gore facility, Kenmore Elementary School and Cherry Hill Middle School on Singerly Road.
The project was the result of more than $6 million in investments by Artesian and contributions by W. L. Gore as well as Elkton Gas, which partnered in joint trenching with Artesian to reduce costs. The project entailed obtaining 19 easements from local citizens and businesses and nearly 39 permits from state, county and local agencies.
“This was an amazing collaboration by our engineers, contractors and sub-contractors and all those involved in this project who shared our belief in the absolute necessity of these upgrades,” said Dian C. Taylor, chair, president and CEO of Artesian Resources. “Cecil County’s continued economic vitality required infrastructure improvements, and all of us at Artesian are extremely proud to have played a role in this critical initiative.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV