Recess In The Gym: TRX Total Body Workout System Now Available At All BayCare Wellness Centers
CLEARWATER, Fla., Dec. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The jungle gym has come off the playground and into the gym – and this time, adults get to play on it. Created by a former Navy SEAL, the TRX Total Body Workout system now is available at all BayCare Health System Wellness Centers.
People who work out on the system hold two straps attached to a stable A-frame that looks similar to a swing-set frame. They also can place one or both feet into the straps. Using the straps for balance and resistance, the user performs a series of exercises to complete a full-body strength workout by using gravity and their own body weight to develop strength, balance, and flexibility simultaneously.
"We are so excited to offer TRX for our members because people at all fitness levels can benefit from it," said Jeanmarie Scordino, a personal trainer at the wellness centers and a certified TRX trainer. "An added bonus is that you can do hundreds of different exercises on it, so you never get bored."
For most of the workout, the user's body is suspended while they move forward, backward, or side to side. The workout targets all muscle groups, but emphasizes the core, helping to create flexibility, aesthetics, and functional strength.The design lets the user move more freely than they could on their own, creating functional core strength and improving balance. By adjusting their body, the user can increase or decrease resistance, controlling how much challenge each exercise will offer. "Because the TRX is designed for all fitness levels, it can be used by someone who is recovering from an injury and needs to develop occupational skills or by an elite athlete," said Scordino. "It keeps training fun so it feels more like recess instead of a chore, and the movements challenge the entire body in every plane of motion."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV