1. As of noon trading, Ventas ( VTR) is down $0.56 (-0.9%) to $62.98 on light volume Thus far, 486,713 shares of Ventas exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.5 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $62.93-$63.65 after having opened the day at $63.64 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $63.54. Ventas, Inc. is a publicly owned real estate investment trust. The firm engages in investment, management, financing, and leasing of properties in the healthcare industry. It invests in the real estate markets of the United States and Canada. Ventas has a market cap of $19.2 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 44.3, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 18.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Ventas a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Ventas as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full Ventas Ratings Report now. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the real estate industry could consider iShares Dow Jones US Real Estate ( IYR) while those bearish on the real estate industry could consider ProShares Short Real Estate Fund ( REK). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts