3 Stocks Pushing The Real Estate Industry Higher
1. As of noon trading, SL Green Realty Corporation ( SLG) is up $0.44 (0.6%) to $76.00 on light volume Thus far, 118,418 shares of SL Green Realty Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 698,600 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $75.46-$76.08 after having opened the day at $75.49 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $75.56. SL Green Realty Corp. is a real estate investment trust (REIT). The firm engages in the property management, acquisitions, financing, development, construction, and leasing. It also provides tenant services to its clients. The firm invests in real estate markets of the United States. SL Green Realty Corporation has a market cap of $6.9 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 58.8, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 13.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate SL Green Realty Corporation a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates SL Green Realty Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins. Get the full SL Green Realty Corporation Ratings Report now. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the real estate industry could consider iShares Dow Jones US Real Estate ( IYR) while those bearish on the real estate industry could consider ProShares Short Real Estate Fund ( REK). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts