1. As of noon trading, Caterpillar ( CAT) is up $0.59 (0.7%) to $88.95 on light volume Thus far, 2.5 million shares of Caterpillar exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $88.32-$89.50 after having opened the day at $88.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $88.36. Caterpillar Inc. manufactures and sells construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines, and diesel-electric locomotives worldwide. Caterpillar has a market cap of $57.5 billion and is part of the conglomerates sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.0, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 2.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Caterpillar a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Caterpillar as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Get the full Caterpillar Ratings Report now. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the industrial industry could consider SPDR Dow Jones Industrial Average ( DIA) while those bearish on the industrial industry could consider ProShares UltraShort Industrials ( SIJ). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts